Creating a Criminal Justice System for the Future
The issues that Sim addresses are as varied as they are numerous – thus perhaps best summed up by a shorter list of Sim’s commitments:
- To confront, challenge and aggressively pursue crime in our community.
- To be firm and fair, swift and sure in holding offenders accountable for their criminal conduct.
- To be respectful and responsive to the needs of the victims of crime.
- To oppose crime, promote justice with integrity without fear of personal, professional or political consequence and without regard to race, religion, gender, political affiliation, sexual orientation, social or economic status.
- To nurture and promote respect for the professionals who serve our community as public servants by establishing high standards of professionalism, fair compensation, a good work environment with adequate resources to provide the highest levels of professional service to our citizens.
- To be fiscally efficient, socially responsive and personally accountable.
- To demand the highest levels of professionalism, competence, honor, integrity and ethics in the execution of our responsibilities in the service of our citizens.
- To earn the respect of our citizens and the trust of our communities with the integrity of our actions and the ethics of our convictions every single day.
- To serve our citizens.