Get To Know Sim
Sim Gill was elected Salt Lake County District Attorney in November 2010. As a veteran public prosecutor of over 27 years, Sim has been a champion on issues of therapeutic justice, criminal prosecution and alternatives to prosecution. He has long been an advocate of taking a systems approach to the issues of criminal and social justice, focusing on collaborative and community-oriented approaches to problem solving.
Sim collaborated on the creation and implementation of various therapeutic justice programs including Mental Health Court, Salt Lake City Domestic Violence Court, Misdemeanor Drug Court, Veterans Court, and the Salt Lake Area Family Justice Center.
Sim graduated from the University of Utah with a B.A. degree in History and Philosophy. He received his J. D. degree and certificate of specialization in Environmental and Natural Resources Law from Northwestern School of Law at Lewis and Clark College in Portland, Oregon
Awards and Recognition:
- Equality Utah’s 2014 Ally of the Year
Utah Pride’s 2014 Political Action Award
- Inclusion Center’s Humanitarian of the Year 2014
- Utahn of the Year 2013- The Salt Lake Tribune
- Pete Suazo Social Justice Award in 2013 from the University of Utah College of Social Work;
- Brigham Young University 2013 Distinguished Service Award,
- YWCA Public Official of the Year 2008